TIP OF THE WEEK
15 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water in Morning Empty Stomach
Lemon is one of the most popular and versatile citrus fruit. Its popularity is owed to it’s refreshing flavor and scent making it a popular choice for flavoring many recipes and perfumes. Lemon is also widely used in all sorts of drinks from teas and cocktails to juices. Along with its obvious use as a flavor, lemon since long has also been used for its medicinal value. A rich source of vitamin C, lemon possess immense health benefits ranging from its antibacterial and antiviral properties to its immune boosting abilities. One of the most common ways to reap the health benefits of lemon is by juicing it. Lemon juice acts as a digestive and a detoxifying agent and helps in cleaning the liver leading to better digestive health.
Lemon juice is also an effective way to reduce weight as it increases the body’s metabolic rate. For people looking to use lemon for its weight loss abilities, drinking lemon juice with warm water on an empty stomach every morning can produce amazing results. Along with the weight loss benefits, drinking warm lemon water every morning also has numerous other benefits. The nutrition experts at Edison Institute of Nutrition have listed some of the most effective health benefits of drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning.
- As a rich source of vitamin C, lemon juice protects the body from Immune system deficiencies.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water every morning helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body.
- With its powerful antibacterial properties, lemon juice helps fight infections
- Acts as a detoxifying agent.
- Helps with maintaining digestive health.
- Along with vitamin C, lemons are also a rich source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium etc.
- Helps fight common cold
- Lemon water is also a popular remedy for many kinds of skin problems ranging from acne, rashes and wrinkles to dark spots.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps in quick weight loss as it promotes digestion and increases the metabolic rate.
- Lemon juice is also very effective at cleansing the liver as it promotes the liver to flush out toxins
- Lemon’s anti-inflammatory properties help in fighting respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of tonsils.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps keep the body hydrated as it provides electrolytes to the body.
- Drinking lemon juice with warm water also helps reduce joint and muscle pain.
- Lemon juice with warm water is also good for your dental health as it helps with toothache and prevents gingivitis.
- Lemon juice with warm water helps with digestion and hence, helps regulate natural bowel movement.
10 AWESOME BENEFITS OF GOLDEN MILK & HOW TO MAKE IT
Golden milk, also know as turmeric milk, is an Indian drink that has been gaining popularity in Western cultures. This beverage is traditionally made with cow's or plant-based milk, turmeric and other spices such as cinnamon and ginger. The health benefits of this amazing concoction are endless and so simple to make on your own. Here are the top 10 benefits of golden milk.
1. Key ingredients are loaded with antioxidants.
2. Helps to reduce inflammation and joint pain.
3. Improves memory and brain function.
4. The curcumin in turmeric may help to improve mood.
5. May help to protect against heart disease.
6. May help to lower blood sugar levels.
7. May reduce risk of cancer.
8. Antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties may boost immunity.
9. Ginger and tumeric aides digestions.
10. Calcium and Vitamin D contribute to stronger bones.
1/2 cup of unsweetened milk
(I like to use Califia Farms Coconut Almond Milk Blend - pictured below)
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 small piece of fresh ginger or 1/2 teaspoon of ginger powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 pinch of ground black pepper
1 packet of organic stevia
(I prefer to use Sweet Leaf Organics - pictured below)
WHAT IS A HIIT?
High intensity interval training or commonly known as HIIT is defined as a short, intense, or unsustainable bursts of physical activity paired with intervals of quick rests. This type of intense training causes a sort of metabolic disturbance which can result in the body burning calories at a higher rate up to 48-72 hours later. HIIT can also increase metabolism, reduce insulin resistance, improve cardiac function, produce faster gains in endurance levels than steady state cardio training and can be an effective way to recruit/build type 2 fast twitch muscles.
My favorite timer for this type of exercise is TABATA PRO App and favorite time to do it is fasted in the morning. 10-20 minutes is the perfect time!
Green drink contains chlorophyll, which is the blood of the plant. The molecular structure of chlorophyll is almost identical to that of human blood. This gives chlorophyll, and the “drink” made from it, the ability to transform your blood. Transform the blood and you can transform your health!
Because of the molecular structure of chlorophyll, it builds the blood. Anemia has been known to respond very well to chlorophyll. This blood building substance is an oxygenator, creating a bloodstream which will not support the life of destructive life forms in the blood such as viruses, bacteria, parasites, yeast, cancer cells and other “bad” germ life.
Chlorophyll contains a high amount of calcium and has been shown to help regulate and control calcium levels.
Chlorophyll is an effective “poison anecdote” making it effective in neutralizing the negative effects of certain types of toxins in the bloodstream. It also helps cleanse the liver and eliminates stored toxins such as drug deposits, chemical sprays on food, artificial flavorings, and other coal tar dyes. This exceptional super food also deodorizes the bowel and helps to eliminate mucus.
As a natural healer, chlorophyll ranks very high. It accelerates tissue repair. Part of this ability is due to the large amounts of minerals found in this life-giving food. It will also help to restore a damaged bowel.
Among chlorophyll’s other attributes are:
- increased energy and mental clarity.
- balances blood sugar and aids in blood sugar problems.
- may decrease desire for caffeine-containing beverages.
- reduces unnatural food cravings, suppresses overactive appetites.
- lubricates the ileocecal valve to keep it functioning properly.
- milk supply is enriched and increased in many lactating mothers, except with parsley.
- encourages bile to move regularly.
- and much more!!! In addition to all of these wonderful benefits, if you make this life-giving “green drink” from fresh, raw leafy green vegetables, and purified water, you will also benefit from the live enzymes!
GREEN DRINK RECIPE
Add to your blender:
A couple of handfuls of any fresh green leafy vegetables (parsley, dark leaf lettuce, celery leaves, beet tops*, spinach*, kale*, Swiss chard*, mustard greens*, etc.) –
Enough purified water to blend
Several stalks of celery (provides organic sodium)
Seaweed (rich in minerals and iodine)
Add mixture to a 2 quart or 1-gallon pitcher (Strain if desired).
Add enough additional purified water to fill the pitcher.
Drink and enjoy.
*Green drink should be made fresh daily, however, when using extremely fresh produce, I’ve had it taste great for up to three days.
Store in the refrigerator.